AVOL offers a variety of housing programs for eligible clients living with HIV/AIDS.
Housing Subsidy Programs
Shelter Plus Care
- A rental subsidy program that provides rental assistance for hard-to-serve homeless persons with disabilities in connection with supportive services funded from sources outside the program.
- Households pay 30% of their income toward rent.
- The Lexington Housing Authority provides the subsidy; AVOL provides case management.
Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
- Another rental subsidy program
- Households pay 30% of their income toward rent
- Maximum length of subsidy is two years
KY HEARTH “On Your Feet” Program
- Another rental subsidy program for homeless individuals or individuals at risk for homelessness
- Lasts from 3 – 18 months
- Not available in Fayette County
Housing Facility Programs
- Transitional housing units for those who are HIV positive and homeless or imminently homeless.
- The complex also includes a short-term unit for those traveling to Lexington for medical care who are in need of overnight lodging.
- Primary purpose is to help individuals stabilize their situation and transition back out into the community and into permanent housing.
- Seven bedroom community residence providing assisted living for persons with AIDS.
- Seeks to provide a home-like atmosphere and caring environment for each of the residents while meeting the individual daily living needs of each person.
- There is a nursing assistant on staff at all times, and a full-time house manager for case management oversees the program on site.